Thursday, September 27, 2007
Sunday, September 23, 2007
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Well, in college, my awesome friend, Deanna, and my awesome sister, Amy, and myself lived in an off-campus apartment, which was #207. We had great times together: we had a "hottest girl in the apartment crown", a quote board, Super Soup Suppers and a wide variety of adventures together.
As you know, life gets busy after marriage, kids (for them) and college, and we have lots of miles between all of us, so we don't get to see each other as often as we'd like (every day??). But, earlier this week, Deanna called and wondered if we could get together at Amy's and soon a plan was in the works.
So...I'm thrilled about this spontaneous reunion and looking forward to a fun girls' (and babies') weekend just eight days from now!
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Melissa has 2 adorable girls, who like to play with the cogs. Here's a picture of Breanne, who is about a week younger than Noah, helping Schatzi and Doc finagle their food out of the food cube. She was a popular baby among the cogs!
What does four years of marriage look like? Six moves in two states, 1 and 7/8 masters' degrees, four job changes, two Brittanies, and two happy, hard working spouses (just to sum it all up!).
Next year is our FIFTH anniversary and we're hoping to celebrate with a vacation somewhere fun!
Monday, September 17, 2007
Friday, September 14, 2007
Thursday, September 13, 2007
1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet & current car)
2. YOUR GANGSTA NAME: (favorite ice cream flavor, favorite cookie)
Cherry Garcia Macadamia
3. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal)
I have to diverge here…my “handle” during New Student Orientation was “Yellow Fish”, so I’ll use that here.
4. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born)
5. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first)Kau-Je
6. SUPERHERO NAME: (”The” + Your 2nd favorite color, favorite drink)
The Red Pilsner
7. NASCAR NAME: (the first names of your grandfathers)
8. STRIPPER NAME: (the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/scent, favorite candy), Cotton Blossom Butterfinger
(ooh…it even sounds dirty, doesn’t it?)
9. WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother’s & father’s middle names )
10. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME: (Your 5th grade teacher’s last name, a major city that starts with the same letter)
11. SPY NAME: (your favorite season/holiday, flower)
12. CARTOON NAME: (favorite fruit, article of clothing you’re wearing right now + “ie” or “y”)Mango Pumpsy
13. HIPPY NAME: (What you ate for breakfast, your favorite tree)
14. YOUR ROCKSTAR TOUR NAME: (”The” + Your fave hobby/craft, fave weather element + “Tour”)
The DogTraining Sunshine Tour
Saturday, September 08, 2007
Friday, September 07, 2007
1. Shopped and purchased several pairs of slacks for work (this was one of my favorite projects!).
2. Shampooed our couches, which we bought used and had were covered in dog hair by the previous 3 dogs that used to own them.
3. Shampooed our carpets.
4. Discovered we had, yet again, flooding in our basement and worked on drying out the carpet.
5. Tonight, we are finishing painting the trim on the kitchen.
I have to say, I love my mother...but I'll be glad when she goes home, so I can rest!