Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Fourth Anniversary

We celebrated our fourth anniversary last week with a nice dinner out and our usual annual photo. I've been keeping a scrapbook of our anniversaries, so every year, I write down where we lived, what we jobs we worked, and what the major highlights of the year were...and include a picture of us on our anniversary. This year's picture is not the best, but you try taking a picture of you, your spouse, and your two dogs and get a better one! :)

What does four years of marriage look like? Six moves in two states, 1 and 7/8 masters' degrees, four job changes, two Brittanies, and two happy, hard working spouses (just to sum it all up!).

Next year is our FIFTH anniversary and we're hoping to celebrate with a vacation somewhere fun!

7 comments:

raecatherine said...

awww aren't you 2 sweet. I think that 'anniversary scrapbook' is a great idea...i'm not much of a scrapper, but it must be a nice way to reflect on how you've grown as a couple.

Deanna said...

So glad to hear your anniversary was great! Here's to another awesome year.

Jen said...

I like the anniversary scrapbook idea because it's one page a year. Then, I don't get overwhelmed with feeling behind on scrapping or feeling like I'm not documenting every memory.

deanna said...

Mmm...I'll be praying that a fifth anniversary vacation won't be possible because of a growing belly or baby. :)

michelle said...

What a great idea. It's way too late for me to start that. I can't even remember half of our addresses!

Steve K. said...

You are amazing Jen. Full time job, working on the house, the cogs, and still find time to go on a date and scrap book. My brother is lucky to be married to you!

Jen said...

That's sweet, Steve. :) I'm lucky to be married to *him*. :)