Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Friday, September 07, 2007

Mom Visit Madness :)

Sorry for the lack of news. We got back from a fun, yet exhausting weekend of birthday celebration on Monday and brought Mom back to southeast Idaho for the week. Not one to endorse idleness, she is not only working full time in Pocatello while she is here, she is also pushing us to work on household projects in the evening. Joe and I, lazy sloths that we are, tried to resist initially, but, well, let's face it...we gave in because we are just too lazy to fight it.

Projects accomplished:
1. Shopped and purchased several pairs of slacks for work (this was one of my favorite projects!).
2. Shampooed our couches, which we bought used and had were covered in dog hair by the previous 3 dogs that used to own them.
3. Shampooed our carpets.
4. Discovered we had, yet again, flooding in our basement and worked on drying out the carpet.
5. Tonight, we are finishing painting the trim on the kitchen.

I have to say, I love my mother...but I'll be glad when she goes home, so I can rest!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for the update, you lazy sloth. :)

michelle said...

Make the most of it! Get all that stuff done. You'll feel so much better when it's done!