Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Saturday, November 03, 2007

An apology...

Let me apologize by first sharing this story with you. When Amy and I were in 5th or 6th grade, we desparately wanted our own phone numbers for Christmas. Our parents, hilarious pair that they are, decided it would be fun to write our phone numbers on a Christmas card and leave it as our last present to open. When we excitedly ripped open the card to read, "Here are your very own phone numbers" and saw 2 phone numbers listed below...we were ecstatic! Much to our disappointment, though, our parents started laughing hysterically and pointed out the fact that we'd asked for our own numbers, but didn't ask for lines or phones...so basically, the pranksters just wrote down a couple of random numbers to toy with us.


So, when you asked for a belly picture, I thought I would share one with you...but since you didn't specify MY belly, I just googled an 11 week belly and posted it on there to see if anyone would notice that it wasn't my belly. I thought it would be a funny joke...but sadly, neither my husband nor my twin sister failed to notice it was not my belly. (They did point out some discrepancies, though. Joe said, "It just didn't look right", while Amy said, "What's that black thing on your belly?"). So, I felt it was more than I could expect from most readers to notice the joke at all.


Second, let me finish my apology by posting a real belly picture (face included for authentication). It is not nearly as impressive as the previous picture, but here it is in all its glory. I've stopped losing weight, but still have a ways to go to hit my prepregnancy weight again, so the pre-pregnant pants are still a little big.

7 comments:

Laura said...

Hilarious, Jen! Way to entertain your readers :)

Amy said...

First a fake phone number, then a fake belly...I never win!

deanna said...

Ah man...I thought something was up with the boobs, but thougth it might be impolite to comment in such a public forum. Thanks for sharing the REAL belly!

raecatherine said...

oh, deanna. you're so thoughtful to have such polite reservations about the boobs. i sure didn't! (esp cause they looked a bit strange).

two thumbs up for the real thing. =)

raecatherine said...

ok, after reviewing your picture i have to say that my non-pregnant belly is quite jealous of your pregnant one. it's definitely time to up the workout regimen.

Anne said...

Nice Jen! I wanted to say something about the tattoo (?) on the first one...because isn't yours on your back, or at least not that high?

michelle said...

you are too funny! I would tell you that your real one looks way better than that fake one but now I'm afraid that you'll tell us the fake one is really yours.

It still looks like a girl to me!