Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Friday, November 16, 2007

Please excuse my lack of manners

My morning sickness has calmed down quite a bit, which I am SOOO thankful for. I'm only sick in the evenings now, which is manageable. I have gained a few pounds and now am only 6lbs less than my prepregnancy weight. I have a feeling this skinny figure is about to be gone for good, though...because of these intense food cravings.

I remember making fun of my poor pregnant sister when she wanted Kevin to drive her 5 hours to Lewiston so they could eat at Taco Time (he wouldn't, she started crying), but now I totally get it. Once I get a craving...that's it! The world has to stop until the craving is satisfied. The feeling is so intense I feel like a crazy person. Last night, I wanted chicken McNuggets and told Joe to ask for some ketchup. He said, "Oh, we have ketchup at home." I thought I would literally die if I had to wait the 5 minutes to get home to eat the nuggets! So, he got me ketchup.

These intense crazy feelings about food have me a little worried about Thanksgiving next week. How will it all play out? Will I be brandishing a knife, keeping other dinner guests away from that delicious smoked turkey? Scarfing down pies uncontrollably? Crying when the food is put away?

Wish me luck and pray that my food manners return soon!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Glad you know what it's like. :)

Laura said...

haha, at least we know Amy isn't crazy now!

Anonymous said...

ha ha! I had a similar thing happen in a restaurant when the waiter couldn't bring us the garlic toast fast enough! We'd already been served but I needed it! So it takes place all across the board! But enjoy all the eating you can!
Mandy

Team Eddy said...

Keep working on training your husband. Joe, remember, when your pregnant wife says "ketchup" you say "how much?"

deanna said...

Yea! So glad to see your apetite has returned with gusto. You've got some time to make up for, so eat up.

raecatherine said...

hee hee. i can't exactly picture your brandishing a knife, but I can see you snatching food and running away with it. i guess this is truly the holiday season where you *CAN* become a bit more like Santa Claus. =)