...I am alive and kicking. Seriously, I feel so much better. I didn't really start to feel better until about the 4th liter, but after that I felt the best I've felt since I got pregnant. I have gained 3 1/2 lbs in 2 days (which I think is probably mostly fluid) and hope I never get that sick ever again (cross your fingers!).
My new morning-sickness prevention plan:
1. Avoid all bad smells like the plague, even if it means being rude. (As in, "Um, you need a breath mint now.").
2. Drink constantly. All water, pop, juice leaves a nasty taste in my weirdo pregnant mouth, so I've settled for cherry Koolaid. Works like a charm so far.
3. Take Zofran (an antinausea medicine) around the clock (even though I'm not convinced it works) and Phenergan (another medicine) at bedtime to keep the monsters at bay.
4. Eat incredibly small meals, pretty often (like 1/2 a piece of toast). Give the other half to Joe (at least someone in this pregnant couple is gaining weight!).
5. Don't talk about food with anyone...ever.
6. And, the super duper secret...suck on lemons. Lots of them. All the time. For some reason, it helps break the nausea for at least a few minutes when things get bad. Other sour things help (like sweet tarts), but lemons are the best.
A special shout out to my mom, who came and helped take care of me while Joe was on a business trip, and of course, my wonderful hubby, who is a great team mate in all of this challenging journey to have our baby.