Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Tacoma trip





It's good I started to feel better because Friday, Joe and I hopped a plane for a long-planned trip to Tacoma to visit our Seattle-mom, Mercy. The plane ride went better than I expected (no turbulence, no nausea) and it was great to get to Tacoma, where Mercy, Team Eddy, and my Lola were waiting.




We had a great visit. Joe and Kevin worked on several projects. I mainly laid around, cuddled with Noah, and ate...but was pleasantly surprised my morning sickness has calmed down quite a bit. Noah and I sampled my new diet of cherry Koolaid and cheetos, which were a big hit with both of us, although his dad was less than pleased with our nutritional choices. Saturday, we also got to see the Gemmers and the star of the show...Miss Daisy, who can now roll over!


Sunday, we went to Mass and hung out at home while Amy and Mercy worked on the computer and the boys set up some lights.


Monday, our Triplet, Natalie stopped by for some lunch and then was kind enough to take Joe and me to the airport...not before getting a sticky hug from chocolate eating Noah, though.
It was a great trip and I was blessed to feel well for most of it. I was pretty tired when we got home, though. Joe picked the dogs up from daycare and Doc, Schatzi, and I climbed into bed for a much needed rest.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are doing well, it helps out a lot to be in the presence of family and friends, there is nothing like it in the world is there? Cheetos and koolaid huh? Talk about a salty sweet treat! Let's just pray you will be able to stomach thanksgiving food next week!
Mandy

raecatherine said...

I'm glad to see you're on the mend! And sorry that I missed seeing ya. Looks like you had some good times!

Laura said...

How fun, excellent pictures :)