Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Monday, December 17, 2007

another joy of pregnancy

Another joy of pregnancy to add to the list of nausea, headaches, backaches, and fatigue...HIVES!! Friday night, I woke up from a nap and was covered head to toe in hives. Hives so bad that you couldn't see the creases in my arms and legs because they were so swollen. Ooohh...and it felt so good to itch them, but that didn't make the hives any better. So, I took some Benadryl and started to rub hydrocortisone ointment on the hives, but the project just became overwhelming.

So, I stripped down naked and Joe rubbed hydrocortisone all over my body. As he was lifting my leg over his shoulder and rubbing ointment all over it, he said, "Hhmmm...rubbing something all over my wife's naked body...this experience would have ended much differently during our first year of marriage."

4 comments:

Gus and Jen said...

Yeah---things change a little, huh? It's worth it! Hang in there. :)

Laura said...

Oh my, I hope that the hives go away!!!

Amy said...

Yep, last year that comment might have led to an R-rated post.

Kevin used to put my leg up on his shoulder so he could massage all the edema out of my elephant feet.

Isn't pregnancy a magical time?

The Chase Family said...

Happy Birthday (late) Joe! Hives! Yikes! It may be a tough time, but every day is an absolute blessing. Little person kicking all the time now? Enjoy it all!