Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

generation gap

My 80 year old Lola was visiting us this week and enjoyed playing with Sam and visiting my office. One morning as I was leaving for work, she said, "Jenny-fair (that's what she calls me with her Filipino accent)...Jenny-fair, you look very nice, but aren't you going to comb your hair?"

Since I've had Sam, I've stopped flat-ironing my hair and I just wear it curly. I didn't think it looked that bad, but my other grandma said the same thing last time I was in Lewiston. ("Oh, Jenni must have got up late and didn't have time to do her hair.")

Is it really that bad?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you look really good Sis! Have a great week, Phil

Team Eddy said...

Oh, Jenny-fair, the grandmas will never understand. When did you get such a tiny waist?
Love,
Your no-waisted sister

Deanna said...

I think it looks lovely. They're probably just used to the look that hours of flat-ironing brought you.

Laura said...

Hehe. My hair looks just like that today, only longer! I think it looks great, much better than a ponytail like my lazy look, and much easier than flat ironing!

Anne said...

I love it Jen! You have hair that most people would willingly give their right arm for...so don't change a thing!!!!! I also think the glasses are really cute.

Jen said...

Thanks, all, for the boost of confidence. I DID get new glasses and new contacts (but I ripped a contact accidentally, so I have to wait for my new ones to come in...I digress), so now I can see so well it's scary!

The Chase Family said...

I think it looks way cute! Its a get-up-and-go-and-still-look-great sort of hair style.

michelle said...

I love it!!!!

Anonymous said...

mom said... you look gorgeous, Juni! Love the hair and tiny waist!!

raecatherine said...

Wow Jen....you have a sexy mommy figure!