Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Monday, November 10, 2008

Sandman Chronicles

After almost 2 months of bedtime/sleep training, here is our progress:

1. We've survived a few bouts of teething, his first daycare cold, learning to roll over (and getting stuck and frustrated) and Daylight Savings Time. (Oh, there are so many ways to ruin sleep!).

2. We do our bedtime routine, I nurse him, and put him down wide awake with his pacifier and mobile. Then, I leave. In fact, last night, I was hoping he'd fall asleep nursing so I could cut his nails, but he wouldn't. Dropped him in the crib and when I snuck back in 10 minutes later, he was out.

3. For the past three nights, I've only fed him at midnight and 4am.

4. He's been sleeping longer and longer stretches, which is oh-so-glorious! Friday, he woke up at 11pm, I gave him his pacifier, then he slept until 3:45am! And, then till 7am!

He fusses periodically, but I'm so glad I never had to go through the whole crying-it-out process.

4 comments:

Leah Gillette-Fox said...

Thank Goodness for a sleeper huh! Isn't it crazy to think you ever functioned on one or two hour stretches at a time! Glad to hear it's all working out

michelle said...

I never understood that old saying, "sleep like a baby". I'd rather sleep like a teenager!

Gus and Jen said...

Hooray! We'll never take sleep for granted again!

Team Eddy said...

So, does this mean we can't have our mobile back? :)