Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Sunday, December 07, 2008

weekly wisdom

I haven't been very good at keeping up this weekly column. Perhaps, I'm not as wise as I thought. Anyway...

We've been trying to cut down on feeding Sam at night, so we've been giving him his pacifier if he wakes up before midnight. And, I usually send Joe in to tend to him so I can get some blessed, sweet sleep before midnight rolls around.

One night, Joe came back after fumbling in the dark for twenty minutes or so. "We need to get some different pacifiers. Those white pacifiers on the light colored sheets...I can't find them fast enough.

I feel like I'm Helen Keller in there."

Wisdom here: Buy some brightly colored pacifiers. Or dark sheets for contrast. Or, just enjoy the image of your husband scrambling to find a pacifier with the Braille method.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Dim room and sleep deprivation...not a good mix.

mandy said...

Haha...Tim can relate to this. I bought clear pacifiers and he was complaining about finding them in the dark, so at least Joe isn't alone in his quest. ;o)

Anonymous said...

lala said... I really admire Joe making such a great effort!