Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

25 things

I'm not much for being tagged with blogging "assignments", but since I put all this effort into my 25 things list for my facebook account, I thought I would take the time to post it here, too. Don't worry...you can read it without fear of being tagged.

1. I didn’t want to do this list. I think I’ve been tagged by 25 people at this point and have just been putting it off, but here I am…

2. I’m a procrastinator.

3. I just learned how to text this year. (Yeah, not so technology-savvy).

4. I LOVE shoes. Love ‘em. I recently bought a pair of patent leather peep-toe pumps. Joe’s been married to me long enough that when I told him I bought a pair of “patent-leather peep-toe pumps”, he knew exactly what I was talking about.

5. Joe and I teach a marriage preparation class for our church on intimacy. Part of intimacy is learning each other’s interests. That’s why he knew about my shoes.

6.I love to travel and have been to Vancouver, BC, Phoenix, London, Amsterdam, Manila, Berlin, Rome, Paris, Belize, DC, New York, San Fran, San Diego, Seattle, multiple places in the Inland NW, but have never been to Portland, OR.

7. Since I graduated high school, I have moved nine times. It’s great to be a homeowner (finally!) and not unpack knowing I’ll be moving again in 6-12 months.

8. I was in drill team in high school. We were called the Bengalettes, wore tights, and did numbers to “Mission Impossible”…oh, and “River Dance”. We were eclectic.

9.I love good, interesting food and would probably weigh 200lbs if I still lived in Seattle. Maybe it’s better that Idaho Falls is not a hotbed of culinary innovation.

10. I share an office with another nurse practitioner, who is from Deery, ID and is a kick in the pants. People at work call our office “the dorm room”.

11. I dislike most vegetables. I make a concerted effort to eat them only because I am now a mother and I want Sam to like vegetables. At least, his dad likes them.

12. I am afraid of driving in the snow and snakes.

13. I love sleep and call my bed “Bed”…not “the bed”, “our bed”, or “my bed”…just “Bed”.

14.I wish I were better at sports and more athletically gifted.

15. I really like school and plan to get my doctorate some day. Maybe when Sam goes to kindergarten.

16.Being a mom is the best, most rewarding, hardest thing I have ever done in my life.

17.Being pregnant was just the hardest thing I’ve done. I hated that. There was nothing beautiful about being pregnant. I was a huge, swollen cow with heartburn, nausea, and vomiting. I didn’t even like Sam when I was pregnant. Fortunately, I like him enough now to make up for that.

18.When I was a kid, I used to go to 3-D archery shoots and win trophies.

19.My nephew and Sam get my twin sister and I mixed up.

20.I don’t recycle, but I don’t believe that makes me a bad person.

21.I like to think I’ve done a fair number of noteworthy things in my life, but my biggest accomplishment was getting Amy’s twin girls to sleep…at the same time!

22.I always leave the gas tank almost empty. Joe always fills it up. God bless my patient husband.

23.Other random hobbies I used to have: figure skating (too many broken bones), gymnastics (no talent), clogging (loved it!), playing the piano (always get stage fright), ballet (took adult ballet classes in college).

24.I got my first hangover in college after Quadstock and too much tequila. I drug my hungover, puking self to the homeless shelter I volunteered at every weekend the day after…it wasn’t such a good idea.

25.I talk to my sister and nurse Sam at lunch every day.

4 comments:

The Farmer's Wife said...

Okay, I wasn't going to comment, but I can't help myself...

It takes a lot of guts to admit being a non-recycler these days! I don't recycle, either.

And I've never texted in my life. It's all I can do just to check my messages and change the ring on my cell phone.

You are not alone!

Jen said...

Thanks for coming out of the woodwork! :) I don't have anything against recycling, but it's not convenient when you don't live in an urban area with a recycling program...and I'm not going to cart trash around in my car to the recycling center. Sorry all you green readers out there.

Kaelene Reel said...

I am so glad I'm not the only one who hated being pregnant. I have felt guilty for years. Don't get me wrong, I love my monkies, but why couldn't I pick them out from the Cabbage Patch?

Laura said...

Jen, you are so good at this 25 things post...I think you should post another :) haha! Very interesting that you have never been to Portland!