Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Sunday, February 01, 2009

random musings about colonoscopy (part two)

So, the worst part about having a colonoscopy is the day before. You have to fast, which--ask my husband--makes me crabby. And, then you have to drink a ton of nasty tasting laxatives.

Knowing I had to fast just made me that much hungrier, so I made a mental list of all the delicious things I was going to eat as soon as I finished my colonoscopy.

I ate jello by the mixing bowl full.

I drank Diet Coke like it was going out of style.

I also drank HalfLytely like it was going out of style…albeit not happily. I would chug a glass of prep and chant over and over in my head, "I don't want my boss to see poop in my colon. I don't want my boss to see poop in my colon." Whatever...it kept me going.

And, I nearly cried every time a food commercial came on TV. Why does the Angry Whopper have to look so delicious? Or, why does Johnny Carino's choose today to start their Two-Can-Dine for $19.99? Or, why is Applebee's bragging about their delicious steaks for $9.99?

I never realized there were so many delicious food commercials on TV.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Jen, I don't think Diet Coke counts...but I do like your chant.

Deanna said...

Oh...that food commercial thing is so familiar! It induces pregnancy cravings every time.

Tiffiny said...

When I had my scope last August, my brother, who was staying with us for the summer, decided at 6pm to make TATER TOTS during my prep day. Needless to say, he nearly didn't live long enough to eat said tots.

Miralax is the WORST...I even threw up over half of it!