Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Friday, February 06, 2009

weekly wisdom

So, my typical day consists of seeing patients in the clinic until 11:30am and then driving over to Sam's daycare to nurse him and put him down for a nap. Then, back to work for the afternoon until it's time to go home.

Today, I got to the daycare and began to nurse Sam, only to be promptly thrown up on with some nasty yam-carrot-cereal-milk barf. Fortunately, I cleaned my arm up as best I could, put the boychild down for a nap, and headed back to work.

This afternoon, none of my patients would make eye contact with me. Their eyes kept wandering to my chest. Finally, my nurse recommended I look in the mirror.

I'd cleaned up the barf on my arm, but totally missed the orange puke that covered my right boob. What made it art is that it even peaked in the middle...like a little nipple.

Lessons learned:
1. Button lab coat after lunch.
2. Always check appearance before returning to work.
3. Those books that say babies stop spitting up after six months? They are written by liars!

1 comment:

raecatherine said...

Oh my. Good to know for future reference! Although I'm a bit of a messy eater, so when at work I've developed the habit of 1) lunch 2) bathroom break 3) check out face in mirror. (It's help prevent some disasters, like spinach clinging onto a front tooth)