Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

chickens

Sam was mesmerized by the chickens at the pumpkin patch. Sadly, we were mesmerized by our son and didn't actually get any pictures of the chickens themselves. I, myself, am a bit frightened by chickens, having been pecked by Katie Frith's chickens when I was six years old, and was a little worried about the chickens pecking at Sam's fat little fingers...but he wasn't worried.

He was mesmerized.
Here he is...little Joe Kaufman himself.
Maybe this next baby will look a little like its mama...maybe.

4 comments:

The Farmer's Wife said...

Oh, man! The perfect title for a 4th grade essay...The Day I Got Pecked By Katie Firth's Chickens...(She has the BEST name for that story!)

You are VERY brave, to expose your son to those foul fowl, after an experience like that. And I guess his admiration for them proves that farmers are born, not made. I'll bet Joe is proud!

Amy said...

Who isn't mesmerized by chickens?

Rae said...

Aww, Sam looks like he sure enjoys the animals! I'm with you on the pecking chickens. I've been pecked my fair share... and I don't think I deserved it!

aunt tance said...

i'm kinda of really in love with his coat....