Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Thursday, October 15, 2009

dirt, dirt, dirt

Growing up in a family of girls, I never fully realized some innate difference amongst the genders. Like boys' love of dirt. Fortunately, Dori Kaufman is an expert on raising little boys and has shared little tidbits of wisdom over the last six years. Like the time she had the boys all strip down to their underwear and hosed them off before she even let them in the house. I didn't really understand how boys could get that dirty. But, last Friday, we were at the Kaufmans' and I began to have a glimpse into just how dirty boys could get.

It started out innocently enough: playing with some ancient dump trucks on the dirt pile...
...scooping in the dirt...
...pushing the dirt...
...throwing the dirt at your cousin...
...and ended with dirt-ridden snot. Haven't seen that one before.

6 comments:

Steve K. said...

Yay! I love dirt too!

Lacey said...

I'm sure this is the beginning of a long and beautiful friendship. Boys + Dirt = love forever

Laura said...

nice! I don't think I understand it either. the pictures help explain though :)

The Farmer's Wife said...

HA! It's great to see someone else's kid with dirt-boogers!!

One of the blogs I read is a mom with four boys, and recently she said her youngest wasn't fond of girls because they didn't even stink.

Carrie said...

I love the pictures to go along with the story! My nephews were big dump truck, dirt playing boys. Nothing says "fun" like a good picture of dirt boogers.

aunt tance said...

i love it!! i'm glad i wasn't on clean-up duty :)