Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Grrr...

Yesterday, I picked up Sam after work and joined the crowds to get Sam the H1N1 vaccine. Sam now holds the official diagnosis of asthma, so we felt it was especially important to vaccinate him. He can't get the live vaccine due to his age and asthma, so we hopped into line and waited for the shot.

It was a long line. We stood outside the health department in the wind and cold for 45 minutes. At one point, the people behind us mentioned they'd been told the health department was all out of shots. I asked an employee this and she said that no one had confirmed that yet, so we proceeded to wait in line.

When we finally got in the doors, I handed a nurse Sam's form, only to be told they were all out of shots and had been for quite some time. Grrr!

A grouchy mom and a cold, hungry Sam headed home. I guess we'll try again next week.

2 comments:

Leah Gillette-Fox said...

I was watching that on the new this morning! Crazy! Hope you are able to get in and get a shot soon! I also saw a bunch of pregnant ladies getting the shot. Are you considering it?

Jen said...

I got it 10 days ago and am glad I was able to get it.