Sam had a great time on the farm. The weather was beautiful and there was plenty of time to play " 'side" [outside] during our weeklong stay. Sam learned a bunch of new words.
- 'Side: Outside. Asks to go outside about 500 times in a row, stops for a breath, and asks another 500 times. Grandma and Grandpa got a new front door that Sam can easily open. If it's suddenly quiet inside, that means Sam has made a break for the great outdoors alone.
- Key: Kitty. The barn cat followed us on a long walk one day and by the end of the walk, she'd decided Sam was likeable. She rubbed on him enough that he fell over and he said, "No-no, Kitty." We had to trek down to the barn several times a day to visit her.
- Pil: As in, Uncle Phil. Sam's new favorite person (more about that later).
- Loud 'lello truck: Uncle Phil's yellow truck. He took us for a ride to fill it up with water. It was a big hit.
- Wock: Rock. As in, the kind you throw in the water to make a big splash. Also a new game taught to us by Uncle Phil and a topic of conversation for the entire 10 hour ride back to Idaho Falls.
- Du-tee: Dirty. Trucks are dirty, tractors are dirty, dirt is dirty. And this kid loves to get dirty.
- Bee: Bees, yellow jackets, wasps...things that hide in old equipment and fly out with a vengeance. Sam's a lot more excited about these new friends than his mama is.