Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

the news from Casa Kaufman

We've been back from our wonderful L-town adventure for a few days and had a wonderful time. And here's the news from Casa Kaufman:
  • We got back late Sunday night and woke up Monday morning to find that a) we forgot we left our other car at Joe's office, b) Sam had his first sliver...removing it was a wrestling match, and c) Sam had a dentist appointment. It was a crazy homecoming.
  • Andie's been sleeping better for the past 2 days (knock on wood!). We've been putting her down at 7pm and she's been sleeping till about midnight with a "dream feeding" right before I go to bed around 9pm.
  • I went back to work yesterday. It was relaxing and I realized work is pretty slow-paced, especially compared to being at home with two little ones. Andie did okay with her first day at daycare, although it took her awhile to accept getting a bottle and she was kind of crabby about the whole thing.
  • Sam has been loving the warm weather. He learned so many new words after our week on the Kaufman farm, including " 'Side?" (outside). He stands and points at the door while repeating " 'Side?" about 500 times.
  • We took over 900 pictures last week and just got them uploaded. So, get ready for some blog posts...once I get all of our laundry done and put away.
And that's the news from Casa Kaufman, where the dad is still sleeping, the mom is enjoying the early morning quiet and the children are above average.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I didn't know you were already going back to work! Man, time flies. Glad to hear it's going well. Can't wait to read about your Lewiston adventures (including your baby shower).

Becca said...

So Adrian slept 8 hours the other night. I woke up at 7 am strangely refreshed - and then immediately had to go check and make sure he was still alive. He was, so I then woke him up because I was so full of milk I thought I was going to explode! Who would have thought there'd be a downside to 8 straight hours of sleep? Incidentally, we've not repeated the 8 hour miracle yet, but now I hold out hope that it can be done...