Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Saturday, July 10, 2010

it's a story of three boys...and a baby

The Madsens were in town over the 4th, so we met up for some dinner at Chili's with all the gang. They have Andrew (4) and Caleb (2), who were perfect playmates for Sam. The three musketeers had a rabble-rousing good time, running through Chili's...
...hugging...
...poking baby in the eye (why are the eyes so fascinating??).
You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose...and you CAN pick your friend's nose.
After a fair amount of running around, we decided to stop tormenting the other patrons and went to the park.
Note the Bandaid on his forehead: While we were at Chili's, Sam was climbing on a bench when he bashed his head into the corner of the window casing. I thought it was just a bump until all the blood came pouring down. I'm less phased by these things than I used to be (pre-boychild), so I grabbed a napkin and asked the server for a bag of ice. It didn't look like it needed stitches, so we slapped a Bandaid on it and decided to stay for dinner. I think the Chili's manager would have rather we went elsewhere.

Move back, Madsens! We miss you!

1 comment:

Erika said...

We miss you guys too! Andrew is still talking about dinner with you guys. He asked me yesterday, "why aren't Joe and Jen here?" I love that he remembers our friends in Idaho!