Random thoughts on our birthday:
- I spent all day yesterday reflecting on turning 30. Husband and sister straightened me out: today was my 29th birthday. I guess I have another 364 days to reflect on turning 30.
- Favorite birthday present: Husband taking night shift all night with Andie so I could sleep.
- Most romantic: Mom watching kids so Joe & I can go on a date this weekend when we are in L-town.
- Most practical: Amy left me a huge box of size 5 diapers last time she was here. (All the middles wear 5s. I actually think she left them on accident and I offered to buy them from her. She said, "Oh. Uh, happy birthday!". Her birthday gifts to me aren't usually so lame).
- Sweetest gift: A super-mom sticker from Sam and Andie.
- Most fashion forward: A pair of gladiator sandals that mom-friend, LeAnne, bought for me in Mexico. I never wear gladiator sandals because I think they make my feet look fat. She disagrees. Thanks for believing in the skinny-ness of my feet. You always make me feel pretty. :)
- Impromptu gift: My bosses were supposed to have a sushi lunch for me today on my birthday. I showed up...and no one was there. When my nurse realized they'd truly forgotten (no, no surprise party), she took me out to sushi today. Made my day!
- Birthday gift to myself: spending 2 nights in McCall for a conference. I get to sleep all night long for TWO nights in A ROW. And...I'm getting a massage at the hotel spa!!!