Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

happy birthday, sister!


Random thoughts on our birthday:
  • I spent all day yesterday reflecting on turning 30. Husband and sister straightened me out: today was my 29th birthday. I guess I have another 364 days to reflect on turning 30.
  • Favorite birthday present: Husband taking night shift all night with Andie so I could sleep.
  • Most romantic: Mom watching kids so Joe & I can go on a date this weekend when we are in L-town.
  • Most practical: Amy left me a huge box of size 5 diapers last time she was here. (All the middles wear 5s. I actually think she left them on accident and I offered to buy them from her. She said, "Oh. Uh, happy birthday!". Her birthday gifts to me aren't usually so lame).
  • Sweetest gift: A super-mom sticker from Sam and Andie.
  • Most fashion forward: A pair of gladiator sandals that mom-friend, LeAnne, bought for me in Mexico. I never wear gladiator sandals because I think they make my feet look fat. She disagrees. Thanks for believing in the skinny-ness of my feet. You always make me feel pretty. :)
  • Impromptu gift: My bosses were supposed to have a sushi lunch for me today on my birthday. I showed up...and no one was there. When my nurse realized they'd truly forgotten (no, no surprise party), she took me out to sushi today. Made my day!
  • Birthday gift to myself: spending 2 nights in McCall for a conference. I get to sleep all night long for TWO nights in A ROW. And...I'm getting a massage at the hotel spa!!!

6 comments:

Deanna said...

Happy Birthday!!! For a few months we're the same age and then I hit the big 3-0. yikes!

Laura said...

Happy birthday, chicas! I really love that picture of you two!

Gus and Jen said...

Happy Birthday, super mom!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Juni! Did you get your voicemail today? Kevin, Noah, kate, glory, karen (eddy), Kevin Wong, Serena, lily and me sang happy birthday to you. Amy was still at the clinic. shortly after the song fest, Kevin and kevin went off to the airport (the fathers' indianapolis-get-away). Glory shed crocodile tears and heartbreaking cry for her "daddy." Kate did not know whether to follow Glory or be her sweet self. Took Amy out to dinner and will have our own celebration this weekend at L-town!

Amy said...

What about most-sacrificing gift? Does the 36 hour trip to IF count for anything? :)

Alison said...

Happy Birthday, Jen...and of course Amy too but since this is your blog I better go wish her a separate happy birthday. I hope you had a great day...sounds like you got some great gifts. Sleep is always wonderful!!!