Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

from the mouths of babes

Dad: Sam, what did you do today? How was school?

Sam: Good. Play friends.

Mom: What happened?

Sam: James throw dirt.

Mom: James threw dirt?

Sam: (serious) James throw dirt me. (pointing to his chest)

Mom: Then what happened after James threw dirt at you?

Sam: (big eyes). TROUBLE. James TROUBLE.

Mom: Uh-oh. Did Sam throw dirt?

Sam: No. Dirt bucket. Sam dirt bucket.

I'm not sure I believe that Sam didn't reciprocate...but at least he knows there'll be TROUBLE :) with dirt throwing.

5 comments:

Anne said...

Or..... Sam used the full bucket of dirt on James.

Jen said...

True. There are some holes in his story. It's tough when you only have 3-4 word sentences. :)

I know my son. I'm pretty sure the dirt throwing wasn't one sided.

Leah said...

I thought he threw the dirt bucket! Always fun to try and figure out what REALLY happened!

Amy said...

Very cryptic.

Jen said...

So I asked the teacher what happened. Apparently, Sam and James tangle quite often and James threw dirt at Sam. Sam didn't throw dirt back; he put it in the bucket. James said sorry, though.

Toddler drama. :)