Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Friday, October 01, 2010

marriage preparation

Joe and I love marriage ministry and took over our church's program a year and a half ago. This is our last session before our move and we taught our class last Wednesday. It was a great group, who were both funny and insightful, and we all had a fun time.

During part of the class, we give the couples questions to write about separately and then discuss together as a couple. The last question:

Why do I want to marry him or her?

Eight years ago, Joe and I answered this question in beautiful betrothal letters that made both of us cry.

This year (we blame it on lack of sleep and a few glasses of red wine), we came up with some answers that we hoped we wouldn't see on couples' responses.

  • Reminds me of my mother.
  • Smells better than most men.
  • Hot in the sack.
  • For his money.
  • Folds laundry with Prussian precision.
  • Our Zodiac signs are compatible.
  • Was the only one who said "Yes".
  • I like his last name.
Feel free to add to our list in your comments; we shared this with our class at the end as a funny way to wrap-up and they thought it was so hilarious; we'll probably use it again.

3 comments:

Amy said...

What other sucker could I get to run the house, raise the kids and do the laundry while I'm away 80 hours a week? :)

(Is that too much like, "he's the only one who said 'yes'?)

Becca said...

For his health insurance. (Seriously, though, I actually know someone who got married for this reason! Frightening. Even more surprising, though, is that they are still married...)

Anonymous said...

Lala said...How about something like... marrying him was the only way I can get the family's secret lasagne receipe.. remember that one, Juni?