Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Thursday, November 18, 2010

miss you

I was sitting on the floor, helping Andie pull herself to a stand, when Sam came hopping over like a frog.

Sam: Mommy Frog! Miss you!
Me: (Hugging him close). Mmmm. I miss you, too, Baby Frog.
Inner monologue: I'm sorry I've had to work so much. I'm sorry your daddy isn't here. I'm sorry I'm not at home more. I know you are missing me. I hope this isn't scarring you for life. I don't know what more to say to a two year old about all of this transition. Be brave? Hang in there? Missing each other is--
Sam: (hopping away) Want some flies? Yum!

Occasionally, I make too big a deal out of things.

3 comments:

Keila Grace said...

Aww! That's such a cute story, :) Loved reading it!

thejorgensens said...

LOL... reading this makes me feel better (I do the same thing!) ;)

Alaina said...

we just went through a transition like this too... i am still trying to find balance. thanks for sharing.