Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

off in Lala-land

In case you haven't heard, it's been crazy cold and snowy.

Lala: I'm going outside to clear the sidewalk.
Jen: Oh, thanks, Mom.
(Lala starts heading outside, whips around and comes back).
Lala: (wagging a finger in my face) And you'd better not wear any more high heels when you are carrying those babies. It's slick out there!

Nothing like moving back in with your mother to make you feel fifteen years old again.

2 comments:

dennlean said...

Jen I told everyone at work patent leather is all weather wear!
Even when there was snow up past my ankles I wasn't giving up the heels especially the red ones ... they look so pretty with snow on them!

The Farmer's Wife said...

Notice how she wasn't all that concerned about YOUR safety...but the protection of her grandchildren, now THAT'S worth coming back to scold about!

You're right about feeling like 15 again, around moms!