Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Monday, November 08, 2010

rain rider

Sam's a weather-tough kid. That's what happens when you live in the Tundra of Idaho Falls. He is unusually obsessed with hats and gloves, though, and even insisted Grandma wear some last Friday when they were playing outside. I think it comes from his time in the Tundra. He's used to bundling up and getting outside to play almost every day, even when it's below zero.

So, Sunday's all-day rain shower didn't even slow him down. While Joe did some last minute moving of boxes, dog crates, and chairs in and out of Lala's workshop, Sam insisted on riding his "motorcycle". (Andie and I watched, warm and comfortable, from the sliding glass door).
Happy days, now that we're in the Palm Springs of Idaho.

3 comments:

Grumpy said...

Jen and Joe --

Of the many great pics of Sam, I think that one is the best so far !!

Laura said...

I agree! Cute pic!

Leah said...

I laughed at the Palm Springs of Idaho... Yakima (my hometown) is known as the Palm Springs of Washington! LOL!!! Great picture of Sam too!