Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

and that's the news from Casa Kaufman

It's been a chaotic week here at Casa Kaufman...
  • Joe just left (again) after coming up to celebrate his 30th birthday. We managed to squeeze in a week's worth of fun in a few short days and we're all tired, but happy. We'll share more pictures soon, I promise.
  • We got all our Christmas shopping done and I feel sooo efficient! It's not often this happens, so I'm basking in the glow.
  • Andie is thriving. She's been crawling after her brothers and cousins and will start running any day now, it looks like. What she lacks in speed, she makes up for in sheer volume. The other day, Sam looked at Andie and said, "You baby. You say, 'BA! BAA! BA! (yelling)'. Yes, Sam thinks a baby's default position is LOUD. In other news, Andie is still NOT sleeping. Yeah, I know you are surprised.
  • Sam is doing well. Hopefully, he will get his arm casted soon. We've been trying to tone done his stunts until it is casted, so we've been reading a lot of books. One of our current favorites is "Sleeping Beauty". He loves the Wicked Fairy, the sword fight with the dragon and the big fire of spinning wheels. I loved this book, too, when I was his age, but for different reasons. And...he calls it "Sleeping Booby".
  • Joe's been surviving the loneliness of Idaho Falls. He manages to muster the energy for weekend duck hunting now and then. This past weekend when he was home, he slaughtered some geese with his brothers and Aunt Teenie's brother-in-law.
  • My job has been going well. One doctor was out this past week, so I had some slower days to catch up on things, like showering regularly and doing laundry. Single parenthood is not my first choice, but has been made do-able with the abundant help of our family. Still, I'll be glad when Joe gets his buns up here.

And that's the news from Casa Kaufman where the dad misses mom, the mom misses sleep, and the children are above-average.

1 comment:

Steve K. said...

You never cease to amaze me Jen. All the Christmas shopping done with all you've got going on. We had a lot of fun at the Birthday get together!