Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

An Ill-Fated Date

Welcome to a mini-series dedicated to our Thanksgiving adventures. Keep reading...

It was an ill-fated date. Joe was supposed to drive up from Idaho Falls, but with last week’s bad weather, he decided he couldn’t. After a mini-meltdown in my office, I called him back and told him that we were just going to buy a plane ticket. Problem solved.

His flight got delayed and he missed his connection. No matter. He arrived in Spokane Wednesday night and Team Eddy drove him down to Lewiston on Thanksgiving Day. I told him I’d drive him back up on Sunday and drop him off at Team Eddy’s for a restful night on their well-used couch, so he could catch his 5am flight back to IF on Monday.

Little did he know, I had a super secret date planned. Grandma and Papa Kaufman agreed to watch Andie and Sam until bedtime, Then, Lala agreed to watch the kiddos overnight, so…Joe and I could spend the night in Spokane together! I booked a hotel room close to the airport, packed swimsuits and a pretty nightie, and looked forward to a real date night.


Turns out, some things just aren’t meant to be.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Excuse me--I have the hook hanging out of my mouth. Good bait! And I even know the rest of the story.

Candace said...

i agree with cynthia. what happened?

Rita - Cribs said...

Great stuff here. Have a great holiday season.