Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Poxleitner-palooza

December 26, we headed up to the prairie for the annual Poxleitner Christmas party. Most of the fam went out sledding, but I stayed inside with Andie, Ben and the rest of the soup-making crew. I didn't think my heart could take the thought of Sam sledding and possibly breaking another arm. So, I left him in the capable hands of his uncles and dad with the stern warning: "Don't come home if he breaks another arm." Luckily (miraculously??), they arrived home with all limbs intact and a good time was had by all.

This is Phil with the founding members of the Phil Kaufman fan club.
President: Morgan Poxleitner. Vice-President: Sam Kaufman.
Another photo of the PK Fan Club.
We had the traditional dinner of chicken--ahem, turkey--noodle soup. (No eggs this time...or at least, I didn't get one). It was delicious with homemade noodles. Andie at a whole bowl. Sam ate a whole bowl. Their parents ate several.

Then, the games began. The main event is a wild-crazy-no-holds-barred gift exchange with stealing, wheeling and dealing of a variety of exchange gifts. Each person draws a card and when their card is called, they can either open a gift from the pile or steal someone else's gift.

Some people got downright protective of their gifts, even having their toddler lick their gifts to lay claim to them. (Not that it prevented my--I mean, that unnamed person's--gift from being stolen). Andie loved the excitement...and loved everyone watching her when she attempted standing without any help. She's a ham already.
And, this last picture is actually from Kaufman-palooza (AKA Christmas morning), with Sam hugging with his Uncle Steve with all the love of a two-year-old. It's a lot of hug to handle, but particularly sweet. I didn't want my Christmas posts to end without including it.

We had a great Christmas season and are looking forward to next year!

2 comments:

Loretta Poxleitner said...

Gotta love that PK Fan Club. I wonder how I can join?!! Maybe I'll speak with the president about that!

Deanna said...

Can I join the Phil Kaufman fan club? I too think he's a pretty swell fella.