Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Catechism Chaos

Sam and I have started sneaking away from Mass and attending children's dismissal, which includes a Bible story, a short lesson, coloring time, song, and a game. Then we head back to Mass for Communion and the closing prayer. I've been enjoying this time with Sam and also loving kids' responses to the teacher's questions.

So, here is a new column: Catechism Chaos, dedicated to the philosophical ponderings on religious dilemmas of 3 and 4 year olds.

Teacher: So, how do you think you can be a lamp in the world? Maybe by helping a friend?
Boy #1: I like lamps.
Boy #2: I like sharks.
Boy #1: Sharks have mean eyes.
Girl #1: I have pony tails today.
Sam: Me like dolphins.

Oh, my.

No comments: