Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Monday, February 14, 2011

off in Lala-land

While cleaning the kitchen after dinner, my mom and I were talking about several eligible young bachelors that we knew. I happened to mention that I'd just met a nice young woman at church and wondered if she was dating anyone.

Mom: Do you want me to ask her if she's single?
Me: NO! That's going to be weird.
Mom: I can call someone and find out. Where's my cell phone?
Me: Mom, you have no subtlety whatsoever.
Mom: It's all about networking. That's how people get together, you know. You know someone who knows someone--
Me (cutting her off since I've heard this a thousand times): I know, I know. You were Facebook before there was Facebook.

4 comments:

Lacey said...

Awesome. I have never met your mother, but I love her.

Gus and Jen said...

I love picturing your mom saying that. Keeps me giggling.

Amy said...

So did the poor girl get a date?

(And maybe you could remind us all how many friends Mom has on Facebook.)

Jen said...

Amy, she has more than Joe & I combined and never fails to remind us of this fact.