It was a fabulous 4 days of sunshine-filled girl time.
- We talked and talked and talked.
- We drank wine...and Carolans...and rum & Cokes. Amy & Deanna drank part of two over-priced margaritas. That's $20 bucks I'd like to have back!!! :) (Just teasing, girls).
- We shopped for eight hours straight. Deanna got sunburned. I spent at least one of my children's college funds on a new work wardrobe, but it was sooo fun to dress my lighter, fitter body under the advice of two girls who know my style intimately. I bought some awesome cardigans...you can ask Amy & Deanna about it.
- We ate. And ate. And ate. I would highly recommend Olive & Ivy to anyone in the Scotsdale area, as well as this awesome food tour.
- We were lazy. We laid by the pool. (Well, I ran in the pool in an attempt to exercise. Advice: always wear Aquasocks. I ran the skin off my poor little feet...then I just laid by the pool). Amy studied for her boards by the pool. We slept in. We went to bed late. We watched a movie.
- We got our make up and hair done. Then, we dressed up in our newly purchased clothes and had a photo shoot done. I felt fabulous. Sexy. Beautiful. We all did. What a way to celebrate 30 years!
- There is something about spending some girl time in a warm, sunny place that makes me feel like a college kid. Footloose and fancy free. Goofy and light-hearted. I spent zero seconds thinking about my work worries, or my undone taxes, or whether Sam will ever be potty-trained (well, maybe I spent a little time worrying about that one). We're planning another one in 10 years. I can't wait.