Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Monday, May 16, 2011

off in Lala-land

My job has been a little trying lately and I've been a little whiny at home lately. The other night, I was feeling crabby and was extraordinarly irritated by the fact that instead of coming to bed with me, Joe was up visiting with my mother.


Me: When you do things like that, I feel like my mom's a whole lot more interesting than me.

Joe: No, of course she's not. (soothe, placate, etc., etc.)


The following night, Joe & I were sipping hot cocoa on the couch, getting ready to go to bed, when my mother waltzes in the door. (She keeps ridiculously late hours, coming home at 9 or 10pm...at least they seem ridiculously late for the parents of two young children!).

Lala: Wait! Before you go to bed, I need you to help me pick out a costume for the Chatauqua. Dan and I are supposed to hand out programs.

Me: How long is this going to take? We need to go to sleep. Andie's going to be up soon, you know.

Lala: Oh, just a few minutes.


So, she proceeds to try on several period-costumes. After the second or third costume, I start giggling and can't stop.


Joe: What? What?

Me: You know what? My mom IS more interesting than me!

No comments: