Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Friday, June 17, 2011

updates from Casa Kaufman

As always, it's been a chaotic week at Casa Kaufman.


  • Sam is finally potty-trained. Let me hear a big "Hallelujah!" from all you readers out there. I honestly thought it was never going to happen. We decided to put him into underwear instead of pull-ups and he just took off from there. He still wears a pull-up at night, but often is dry when he wakes up in the morning. My weekly grocery bill has noticed the difference. Only one kid in diapers and wipes equals a $30 savings! Hhmm...time for me to get some new shoes with the difference.

  • Drum roll, please. Little Miss Natalie Doris has...SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT FOR THREE NIGHTS IN A ROW. I never thought it would happen. In fact, my body is still in denial. I typically wake up at 3 am, roam around the house for while, and then realize there is no actual reason for me to be awake, and wander back to bed. Way to go, Andie! We have always loved you, but this has made you especially beloved in the eyes of your parents.

  • I know the blog has been sorely neglected lately. But, good news: my stressful job is about to be come less stressful. One of the doctors is taking a leave of absence, so I cut back to working only 3 days a week...at least until September, but hope that this will be a permanent change. I've been missing my kiddos a lot and, while they are thriving in daycare, I'd like to spend more time with them.

  • Joe and I are trying to lose our baby weight, so we've restarted running. Our goals are small, but we try to run together at least 1-2 times a week. No easy feat already, but add a double jogger with two hefty Kaufman kids in the mix and we're talking about quite a workout! We're already seeing the benefits. Joe is back to the weight he was when we started DATING. (Why is it always easier for guys to lose weight? Huh?) As for me, I'm quite pleased I can run two miles without stopping. We're thinking about marketing our workout program and selling it to Biggest Loser.

And that's the news from Casa Kaufman, where the son is potty-trained, the daughter sleeps through the night, and the parents are above-average.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Yea for updates! And I love it when decisions are made for you...like which doctor to work for. Now I'm wondering which it is!

So excited to see your skinny self next week.