Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

confessions of a slacker mom: baby crack



Have you tried these? My kids slurp these things down like baby crack. It's totally worth the drive over to the SuperWalmart in Clarkston (the only place in the valley I've found that carriest them).


I used to bribe them to get into the car after daycare with candy and junk food. (Don't ask me why my kids can't just get into the car when I ask them. I'm not that kind of mom, I guess. What kind of mom? The kind of mom whose kids obey? It's a pipe dream...but I digress).


Now, I say (in a tantalizing voice), "Who wants some applesauce?" and those two dive for their car seats. Andie even says, "Me! Apple-saw! Apple-saw!".


Now I can feel good about bribing my kids to obey. A serving of fruit and everyone buckled in the car in a timely manner.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I saw some store brand of these at Safeway last week. You should ask there.

Kaelene Reel said...

I've never seen these before. (But I refuse to go to Wal-Mart, so that would explain that) My kids are beyond bribing age, but it's worth looking in to. Very interesting, thank you.