Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Tuesday, August 02, 2011

off in Lala-land

Phone call from my mother at 7:24am:
"Hi, Juni. I didn't get a chance to tell you last night that I'm having breakfast with Dan this morning. Are you doing okay with the kids? Oh, you didn't have to work today, right? Well, anyway, I was going to tell you last night about it, but when I went into your room, you were already asleep. It was pretty ugly, actually. You were sitting up, with your glasses still on and a magazine in your hand...and your mouth was just hanging open. Like you were dead or something. I was going to wake you up before Joe saw you like that, but then I thought you might kill me if I woke you up because you'd have to be pretty tired to just fall asleep and look so, well, unattractive like that."

6 comments:

Laura said...

Nice! I miss your mom ;)

lorettapox said...

Funny, funny, funny! I'm sure the "unattractive" sleep pose was well-deserved!! Send me Andi so you can get some sleep!

Jen said...

Loretta--It's a deal! When do you want her? Is tonight too soon? :)

Anonymous said...

lala said... ah...I miss you, Laura! I long for the olden days when life was so carefree. I remember when you give me a ride to work so I won't need to ride the downtown bus. Life is a bit hectic. Now, I have to stay a step or two ahead of ND.

Rae said...

that is waaay brutal honesty.

Grumpy said...

"Sleeping Beauty" is a fairy tale . . . it doesn't happen in real life . . . and even "Beauty Sleep" is hard to get . . . expecially with kids in the house !