Rules for surviving grocery shopping:
- Come prepared. Create a list the night before. Put grocery bags in the car the night before. Warn children the night before that the next day will require a trip to the grocery store.
- If your schedule allows, shop during the early morning hours to avoid excessive waiting. If your schedule does not allow for this, I recommend bringing two parents.
- Tire children out beforehand by going to the park first.
- Only shop at stores that provide truck carts.
- Review the rules for grocery shopping with the children while still safely buckled in the car
.1)We only buy what is on the list. 2)We stay in the truck cart at all times. 3) If we do a good job sticking to rules 1 & 2, we can get a special treat at the end of the trip.