Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

off in Lala-land

We found a few unflattering pictures of my Mom when we were backing up our old pictures. Now, before you think I'm awful daughter for posting them on "Off in Lala-land", I just want to point out that it was Lala who taught me the fine art of sneaking up on a person while they're sleeping a snapping a quick picture...and also the fine art of making these pictures into a calendar to pass out to the rest of the family come New Year's. Yeah, Mom. What goes around comes around.
I was dropping Mom off at work one day after we'd worked out at lunch, when she mentioned she was having a computer problem.

Lala: So, I was checking my email and I got an email from my friend, Betsy, with this link about a penis. I thought 'Why would Betsy be sending me a link about penises?'. But, when I clicked on the link, it kicked me out of the email and the computer just shut down.

Me: You did WHAT? Mom, how many times have I told you not to click on links like that??

Lala: I know, but you know I'm just curious.

Me: Remember when your friend sent you a message on Facebook to "check this out"? And you checked it out and it was a virus? Remember that?

Lala: I know. But why would Betsy be sending me a message about penises? That's not like her.

Me: Betsy is NOT sending you a message about penises. Her email account got hacked. Don't click on links like that any more.

Lala: Well, I was just curious...

1 comment:

Amy said...

Curiosity not only kills cats, it kills computers.

I will not be opening any emails from Lala regarding penises.