Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Thursday, November 03, 2011

Halloween (part one)

We kicked off our Halloween weekend with a drive to my cousin, Valley's, house in CDA. At my Papa's funeral, we all wondered why we only saw each other during sad times, so we decided to change that habit and made plans to get together for Halloween party. Valley and Scott graciously offered to host the party, although Valley was a little distracted during the planning...since her first grandson was born just a few weeks ago.

Nevertheless, we had a great time. Team Eddy drove over from Spokane. We drove up from Lewiston (we had a few hours to kill before the party, so we took a side trip to Cabela's, which is a favorite of Joe's). Jake, Josh, and Heather drove over from Montana. Kassi drove up from Moscow. When you think about it, Coeur d'Alene is a pretty central location.
Unicorn Kate, Knight Noah, Unicorn Glory, Pirate Sam, Giraffe Andie

Pirate Scott, Safari Hunter Joe, Dr. Acula (get it? DrAcula?)

I was the Swine Flu. I was pretty pleased with my clever costume until Kate lost my nose and everyone kept asking me why I came in my pajamas.

Group photo! A disproportionate amount of pirates in the crew. Hhmm...
Everyone had great costumes and there was a fair deal of swapping costume pieces (and later full costumes) to be done by the little kids. Heather kindly bestowed her pirate sword on my little pirate while Noah the Knight got to try out Josh's gladiator costume.

Nine o'clock rolled around and the party was still in full swing, but our kiddos were (wait for it) turning into pumpkins so we had to say good-bye and get them off to bed.

1 comment:

The Farmer's Wife said...

Okay, so the posts are coming up backwards on my feed and HERE is the black moustache...as well as the pig nose, which I wasn't going to mention but that also made me laugh out loud!

What fun!