Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Girls' Night Out

The Saturday after Thanksgiving, Mom invited me to be her date at the Festival of Trees. Moms of young children are always eager for a chance to throw off their jeans and throw on a dress, so, of course, I said yes. We left Joe at home with the kiddos and headed out for the dinner and silent auction...
 
...but not before getting some pictures with the entourage.

Dinner was great and I either met or reconnected with a lot of people. Plus, I ended up winning a New Year's Eve package, which my mom kindly paid for and gave to Joe for his birthday. So, I still won!

Plus, when I got home, the kids had been fed, bathed and put to bed. Any mom of young kids can tell you what a luxury it is to skip the bedtime routine once in a while with the overtired tantrums and the wrangling of squirmy bodies into jammies all while the bedtime routine only makes the mom sleepy and does nothing to the children. Deliciously sleepy (and a little tipsy from the free wine with dinner), I shucked my heels, snuggled into my jammies and slept ALL through the night.

What a wonderful evening. We'll do it again next year, Mom.

2 comments:

Laura said...

pretty ladies!

lorettapox said...

Woohoo--I love the Kingpins. That' should be a fun way to ring in the New Year!!