- I had Lasik done a month ago by the wonderful people at Pacific Cataract and Laser. The process was easy and painfree, although the actual procedure was the most intense 5 minutes of my entire life. Fortunately, I had a very nice nurse take care of me. :) I am now a pro at putting in eye drops and have 20/15 vision in my right eye, with 20/20 vision in both eyes. It is amazing! I can drive, chase children, surf the internet, and run without glasses. Amazing!
- Sam is turning into a fun little preschooler. He has been learning riddles and knock-knock jokes with his Grandma Dori and delights in telling them to everyone he sees. He is ever-more a little engineer and can spend a good hour or more building with legos and blocks, honing his design over and over again to make it "more stable".
- ND continues to be Miss Independence. A couple of Saturdays ago, I was out for a run and Joe was playing with Sam when he heard ND hollering for help in the bathroom. She'd taken herself to the bathroom, undressed, pooped and needed help reaching the toliet paper. I was pretty sure this represented a huge potty-training mile stone....it didn't. Her favorite activities these days are rolling out and cutting play-doh (with a plastic knife) and "coloring", which means scribbling with a pen on anything that doesn't move.
- We closed on our new house and partly moved in this past weekend. Thank you to our hard-working moving crew, whom we have asked to move us so many times over our married life and they never, ever say no: Phil, Jeff, Brandon, and Idaho's most promising rookie Senator. You guys are so good to us.
- As of this morning, I am a single parent. Joe and Phil left for their African safari and will be back in the States in a little over two weeks. I'm already counting the days. Sam can now identify a variety of south African plains game with confidence. For weeks, Joe's hardly been able to sleep at night, he's so excited about his trip. Of course, it helps that ND wakes him up regularly, which gives him plenty of opportunity to think about it. :) Keep our little family in your prayers until Joe gets back; I think we'll all miss him a lot.
- Happy Easter to all of you!
Friday, April 06, 2012
and that's the news from Casa Kaufman
It's been a chaotic month here at Casa Kaufman.