Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

off in Lala-land

Mom kindly finagled me a membership to her company gym, which has been a godsend, since I work across the street. A few times a week, I sneak in a 30 minute run on the treadmill or elliptical. Sometimes, Mom is able to join me.
I was running the other day when Mom texted me. When she found out I was at the gym, she texted me that she would stop by after she grabbed some lunch.

Somewhere in the next 5 minutes, she changed her mind and decided to come straight to the gym, sneaking up behind me while I was running and popping out of nowhere.

Lala: Hi Juni! Oh, did I scare you?
Me: (panting). Yeah. (panting). A little.
Lala: Well, I thought I'd stop by and see...(she stops and stares at me).
Me: What?
Lala: Wow. You're really sweating.
Me: Yeah?
Lala: Wow. You're really breathing hard.
Me: Yeah. I've been running, Mom.
Lala: Wow. You're REALLY sweating. Eew.

3 comments:

Dick & Jackie Driver said...

Your mom is too funny!

Amy said...

It's because Filipinos don't sweat. :)
...Or maybe it's because Mom doesn't work out hard enough to break a sweat. Go ahead, tell her I said that.

Rae said...

I'm less astonished at your mom and more astonished at the work-out discipline you have...and in the middle of your work day no less!