Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Thursday, June 21, 2012

off in Lala-land

ND wakes us up every morning at 4am, crying and insisting that it is "wake up time" despite our best efforts to convince her otherwise.

So, this morning, I woke up, startled, at FIVE am, realizing that ND hadn't started crying at 4am. While pondering this in the morning quiet, I heard a voice in the kitchen.

Me: Joe! Wake up! There's someone in our house!
Joe: Shh. Go back to sleep. (He rolled over and promptly went back to sleep).

Abandoned by my husband and left to fend for myself and our two children, I tiptoed out into the hallway to peek into Sam and ND's rooms. Sam was still sleeping in his bed...

...BUT ND'S CRIB WAS EMPTY!!

I was pretty sure someone had snatched her and was in the process of whisking her to a get-away car. My heart was pounding when I heard the fridge door open. The kidnappers were still in the kitchen!!

I crept to the kitchen to rescue my baby and came face to face with...

...Lala.

Lala: Oh, morning, Juni. You kept whining about how tired you were since ND was waking you up so early, so I came over this morning to get her up, so you and Joe could get some sleep.
Me: Huh?
Lala: And, I brought you coffee, too.
Me: Oh. Oh, thanks.

I'm not sure if the moral of this story is to
always give your mom a key to your house or to
never give your mom a key to your house.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Yep, it's a definitely double-edged sword.

Rae said...

oh my goodness, a consistent 4am wake-up? that has got to be rough.

I don't know if I would have hugged my mom, thanked her and gone back to bed or yelled at her.. (given the initial panic you must have had!)

The Farmer's Wife said...

Tricky.
But funny!