Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Friday, June 22, 2012

playdate

For the most part, Sam has enjoyed our break from daycare. We don't have to rush out the door in the morning; he doesn't have to take a nap; and basically, he gets to do whatever he wants as long as a) no one gets hurt and b) he can talk his sister into it.

But, sometimes, he's been getting a little lonesome for his friends.

I wasn't ready to tackle the challenge of inviting over 5 little boys from daycare, but I thought I could handle one little friend: Kenzie. She and Sam get along well and I know Kenzie fairly well; I see her a few times a week at work when her mom, who works in my office, is getting ready to drop her off at preschool.

So, we decided to invite Kenzie over for an afternoon. We went out to the movies as a special treat and watched Madagascar 3. Afterwards, we went back to our house to color pictures, play with puzzles and ride bikes.

All in all, a successful first playdate.

No comments: