Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Sunday, July 15, 2012

the hcg diet

Sorry for the blogging hiatus, readers. I started the hcg diet.

No, not the kind of diet where you buy fancy hcg drops and eat 500 calories a day.

I mean the kind of diet where your husband knocks you up and you find out you're expecting Baby #3 in February.

(I'll just pause for a moment and let that sink in).

We're about 8 or 9 weeks along and this has been the worst case of "morning sickness" yet. (I have to laugh when I call it morning sickness, which implies there is a time limit to the sickness).

Yesterday, Sam said, "Whoa! Good job, Mom. That's the biggest throw-up I've seen come out of your nose ever!". Thank you, son. I too am proud of my throwing up abilities.

I've lost 8lbs so far...with no end in sight yet. I'm hoping we're about halfway through.

Joe's hoping we're almost done, too. He's been on single dad duty, plus gets the honor of washing my puke bowl.

We are overjoyed that we about our news, but will be so much happier when we're on the other side of this challenge. Keep us in your prayers.

6 comments:

Leah said...

Congrats on your new diet! Not the vomiting part but the baby part! Very exciting!!!

susie said...

ahh congrats. Sorry for the sick part but it will end soon. I loved your hcg diet as your headline.

ran shae said...

Yay for babies! Boo for morning sickness! Hope that glorious second trimester is here before you know it :)

Deanna said...

So sorry to hear you've been so ill. I've been praying for you a lot. Hope it eases soon.

Carrie said...

Congrats Jen! Hope you start to feel better soon... good thing your are kind of a super mom ;)

Anonymous said...

Doesn't the HCG diet plan work the same way as when a woman gets pregnant? Like the excess fat gets used to feed the baby if the momma doesn't eat enough food?
-Jackie