Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Monday, August 20, 2012

stuff my kid says

Sam is at the charming, yet annoying, age of asking questions all the time--random questions that appear from out of the blue and challenge his mother to come up with concise, age appropriate answers.

Sam: Why don't some people have grandmas?

Me: Um...well, God has a reason for everything and sometimes grandmas get really old and go to Heaven before their grandbabies are born. And sometimes, people have people who are such good friends that they sort of become the kids' grandma. And you, buddy, are so lucky, because you have your Grandma AND your Lala AND Lola Oyang AND Grandma A who all love you so much...

(I have to take a break here because I'm so pregnant and emotional and all this talk about love and dead grandmas and living grandmas is just making me cry).

Sam: Um, excuse me, Mom?

Me: Yes, honey?

Sam: I said, 'Why don't some people have cameras?'

Me: Oh.

1 comment:

Team Eddy said...

I laughed so hard I almost choked on my pizza.

Sometimes I get emotional about dead cameras, too.