Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Tuesday, September 04, 2012

stuff my kid says

We have a portable DVD player in the car, but our rule is we can only use it for long trips, not for short trips around town. We'd gone to Spokane recently and I kept forgetting to take the DVD player out of the car.

Day 1:
Sam: Mom, you keep forgetting to take out the movie! Why do you keep forgetting to take out the movie?
Me: (sigh). I don't know, Sam.
Sam: (pause). I know.
Me: Why?
Sam: Because you're a busy mom and you have a lot of things to do.

I smile because, well, this is true.

Day 2:
Sam: Mom, you forgot the movie again! Why did you forget the movie AGAIN/
Me: (sigh). I don't know, Sam.
Sam: (thinks for awhile). Is it because you have a slow brain?

I laughed out loud...because, unfortunately, this is also true.

1 comment:

Dick & Jackie Driver said...

Out of the mouths of babes!