Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Festival of Trees

As part of our Thanksgiving celebration, Lala and I decided to attend the Festival of Trees again this year (a fundraiser for one of the local hospitals). I forewarned Lala that I wasn't feeling up for a late night and probably would head home early. Thankfully, she listened to me and solved the problem by wearing high heels that hurt her feet. So, both of our feet were sore and tired at the same time and we ended up back at home around 9:30p. Perfect.
 
We sat at a table with several other "couples" who were also mothers and daughters out for a nice evening. The food was excellent and I had to stop myself from licking the egg nog cream off my dessert plate. (A few months ago, I wouldn't have had the self control to stop!)
We ended up not winning any of the items we bid on, but it was still a fun time.

Joe stayed home to put the children to bed...and they were still awake and vexing their father when I got home around 9:30p. Fortunately (for me), that meant they slept in until about 8am the following morning!

1 comment:

Team Eddy said...

I am impressed that you can look that good when you are so very pregnant. :)