Finding calm in the chaos

Finding calm in the chaos

Saturday, January 26, 2013

twelve days of Christmas (part four)

Christmas Day was pretty relaxed at our house. We slept in and had a leisurely morning. I made chocolate waffles on my brand new waffle iron while Joe and the kids snuggled on the couch and watched a movie. When breakfast was ready, I hid baby Jesus and they scrambled to find him and put him the manger. After breakfast, we opened our Christmas gifts to each other.
 
 (Late Christmas Eve night, I was putting out the Christmas gifts and realized that with my pregnancy brain, I'd forgotten to get ND a present! I scrambled around and found a few random things I thought she might like and wrapped them up. Sorry, sister. I'll do better next year.)


 I put a beef stew in the crockpot and we spent the rest of the day playing with our new presents. My Grandma, Mr. Dan, Lala and Dan's daughter, Christina came over to have stew with us around lunch time.

 Some of the Kaufmans came over in the evening and Sam showed off his new Batman building set. After some dessert, we played a game of Sequence.



I'm not sure I got out of my pajamas all day. It was a pretty Merry Christmas.

No comments: